cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5422 Not printing text from Word 10

djc2662
Apprentice

My MG5422 will print the letterhead but not the text of a letter I send it from my laptop.  If I email the letter to myself and click print without going through Word it prints everything.  If I download it to Word it will, again, only print the letterhead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

A test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5420 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

MG5520 Nozzle Test.jpg

If the PGBK black grid pattern appears at the top, check to see if the lines appear as shown in "A" or if they are broken up as shown in "B".  If the grid is broken up or missing, cleanings may be needed.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

A test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5420 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

MG5520 Nozzle Test.jpg

If the PGBK black grid pattern appears at the top, check to see if the lines appear as shown in "A" or if they are broken up as shown in "B".  If the grid is broken up or missing, cleanings may be needed.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

djc2662
Apprentice
Did that yesterday. Was ok.

djc2662
Apprentice
This issue is NOT solved. The grid said i.didnt need to clean the nozzle but I did anyway. It still won't print the text.

djc2662
Apprentice

As I said in message 4, the nozzle test did NOT SOLVE the problem.  I'm still waiting for more help but they decided the test took care of it and haven't answered me again.   Canon has decided my model is at its end of life and won't help me over the phone. Really!?!?

Announcements