cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5220 Driver is unavaibable

Kenttiffany
Apprentice

Hello,

I have this printer on two other computers and one laptop and it works perfectly on those 3. But when I go to add it to another laptop I just got, it downloads but it says Driver unavaibable. On my new laptop I have windows 11. Am I suppose to download a driver somehow? I never had to do that before on the other computers. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Elite

Greetings,

The MG5220 is a 12 yr old printer.  Currently, no drivers are available for Windows 11, and I do not know if drivers will be released to support this OS.

You can try using/installing windows 10 drivers in compatibility mode.  They may or may not work or might work with limited functionality.

Support | MG Series | PIXMA MG5220 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.1) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~R5C On Order

View solution in original post

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kenttiffany,

As Rick stated, the PIXMA MG5220 is not supported with Windows 11.  You can try downloading and installing teh Windows 10 drivers, but this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Elite

Greetings,

The MG5220 is a 12 yr old printer.  Currently, no drivers are available for Windows 11, and I do not know if drivers will be released to support this OS.

You can try using/installing windows 10 drivers in compatibility mode.  They may or may not work or might work with limited functionality.

Support | MG Series | PIXMA MG5220 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.1) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~R5C On Order

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kenttiffany,

As Rick stated, the PIXMA MG5220 is not supported with Windows 11.  You can try downloading and installing teh Windows 10 drivers, but this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Groovydust
Apprentice

This stinks.  I know what the response is going to be from Canon.  I am using this printer on a MAC with OS 11.6   The computer will recognize it as a scanner, but won't recognize it for printing.  Certainly, this could be solved by duplicating some small file and changing a few lines of code.   Because of this, you want me to buy a newer printer when this printer works perfectly fine?   

Announcements