This has worked previously for some years on my W10 PC. Have reinstalled drivers from Canon site. Have switched off and restarted both PC & printer. Have reconnected to router by WPS. No joy. No status messages on printer. Diagnostics on PC cannot communicate with printer.
My only remaining plan is to try a wired connection, when I find a USB type B connector
To connect your PIXMA MG4220 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MG4220 on.
2. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG4220.
3. Press the arown arrow until Setup appears and press the right Function button (the button below Setup).
4. Use the right arrow button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
5. Press the STOP button to select "To other connection methods".
6. Select Standard Setup and press OK.
7. Choose the name of your wireless network and press OK.
8. If it appears, please choose the type of security of your network and press OK.
9. Enter your network password on the PIXMA MG4220. Select the section of the screen using the up or down button, move the cursor to the character on the right of the target position using the left or right button, then enter characters. Once complete, please the left Function button and click Next.
10. Verify that the password was entered correctly and press the left Function button and click Next.
The PIXMA MG4220 will be connected to your network.
Once connected, please run setup on your computer again to install it for wireless use.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: