cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 not printing after installing new ink cartridge

Mgwood
Apprentice
I just added a new color ink cartridge for my printer after the last one ran out. Now that I’m trying to print it stays on Status printing and Creating print data to print anything. The printer recognizes the ink cartridge, since it shows the cartridge as full. The only thing that happens after I try to print a page is the power light flashes green while it seems to do nothing else. It’s been over ten minutes since I tried to print the page and still nothing is happening.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mgwood
Apprentice
After reinstalling the printer drivers twice, the print head alignment worked. Another page wouldn’t print so I found that going into C:/Windows/System32/spool/PRINTERS and deleting all the files in the folder let me print the page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mgwood
Apprentice
After reinstalling the printer drivers twice, the print head alignment worked. Another page wouldn’t print so I found that going into C:/Windows/System32/spool/PRINTERS and deleting all the files in the folder let me print the page.

Greetings,

If the action above resolved your issue, then the following was your problem.

You had documents stuck in your print queue.

Doing what you did is one way to clear. 

You can also do this in Device and Printers (right-click) on the printing select "See Whats Printing" on the context menu and delete the unprinting documents

or

Open Services and restart the print Spooler Service.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Gerardji
Apprentice

I don't understand a word of this. Ten years ago, I clicked "print" and it printed. Now -- three days of registering, re-registering, signing up, signing down, downloading and re-downloading, and it still won't work. And no support from canon. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements