cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to have to alter color density

rconstan
Apprentice

I have a Pixma G3200. If I leave settings at their defaults, colors are a bit faded compared to other inkjet printers I've had, and text (which should be black) is more like dark gray.  If I adjust the color density to 20  (printer preferences-> Main -> Color Intensity ->Manual->Set, Intensity 20)  then everything prints more correctly. But this is a brand new printer, and it seems odd to have to tweak this setting just to see normal print. It's a "mega tank" printer, so I'm not too worried about using a little more ink to get clear output. But is it normal to have to make this adjustrment?

Thanks for any guidence.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

With a new printer, you should not have to make any adjustments to the color density. Does this issue happen when making copies directly from the printer as well?

You can set the settings back and then try a nozzle cleaning. Once that is done, print the nozzle check to see if the colors are still faded.

If the colors are still faded, please call Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE.

I only altered the density because all the colors were equally light compared to other CMYK inkjets I've had, and I only had to make that alteration for the "standard" preset. The photo preset already looks great. Copies directly from the machine are also perfect. All colors are rich and dense. So there is no issue requiring print head cleanings. This only happens with the standard preset, when printing from a computer. The standard setting colors are all a bit light, and black text is dark gray.  I undertstnad its probably to save ink, but I'm dissapointed that I can't permanently alter the "standard" setting to +20% as I described.  I had to make and save a "custom" preset. With the huge amount of ink available in the mega tank series, I don't think I need to settle for extra light images and text to save ink.  So for now I'm content to use the custom preset I made, with the density set to +20.  If there is a way to make this permanent please let me know. Maybe the settings for the staandard preset is alterable in the windows system registry?

Announcements