cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G4200 and G6020 Interchangeable Ink

njf
Apprentice

Hi

I am thinking of replacing my G4200 by a G6020. I still have some spare bottles (model 290) from my G4200 but I see the G6020 use GI-20 ink bottles.

I understand the ink bottles have a different nozzle but will it be possible to use the spare ink bottles I still have from the G4200 (290) in a G6020? Is it actually the same ink just with a new bottle design?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi njf,

The ink that the G4200 uses is not the same as the ink that the G6020.  Because of this, they are not interchangeable.

The G4200 uses the GI-290 inks and the G6020 uses the GI-20 inks.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ps_canon
Contributor

Is that statement an opinion, or is it a fact based on personal knowledge of the two ink's chemistries? 

I want to know if it's necessary for me to prepare for supply chain interruptions or discontinuation of the ink when Canon changes its mind again.   The last time that happened I was forced to use aftermarket supplies. 

@ps_canon wrote:

Is that statement an opinion, or is it a fact based on personal knowledge of the two ink's chemistries? 

I want to know if it's necessary for me to prepare for supply chain interruptions or discontinuation of the ink when Canon changes its mind again.   The last time that happened I was forced to use aftermarket supplies. 

Maybe contact a third party ink supplier and see what they say.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements