cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ scan utility stopped scanning multiple pages

msmaven
Apprentice

My Pixma MG3620 has always worked perfectly with the IJ scan software. After I clicked Document, it scanned one page then gave me an option to scan another page or stop. Now suddenly it only scans one page and the box giving me the choice doesn't appear. This means I can't create multiple page documents and would need to use PDF software to laboriously construct one out of multiple scans.

I tried to download the software again but the download wouldn't start.

I'm using Windows 10 on an HP desktop. This same setup always scanned multiple pages before.

Would appreciate assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi msmaven,

To scan multiple pages and save them on your computer as a single PDF, please make sure that this is enabled.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button and in the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

2.  Click on the IJ Scan Utility to open that application.

3.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right corner of the IJ Scan Utility.

IJSU.jpg

4.  Click on Document Scan on the left side.

5.  On the right side, in the Save Settings section in the middle, select PDF (Multiple Pages) in the Data Format drop down box.

PDF.jpg

6.  Click OK.

7.  Click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG3600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-004.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi msmaven,

To scan multiple pages and save them on your computer as a single PDF, please make sure that this is enabled.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button and in the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

2.  Click on the IJ Scan Utility to open that application.

3.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right corner of the IJ Scan Utility.

IJSU.jpg

4.  Click on Document Scan on the left side.

5.  On the right side, in the Save Settings section in the middle, select PDF (Multiple Pages) in the Data Format drop down box.

PDF.jpg

6.  Click OK.

7.  Click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG3600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-004.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much! I must have changed that setting by accident and not realized it. Now it works right!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements