cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX340 Won't Print in Color after Cartridge Replacement

VirginiaRethy
Apprentice

Question:   What happened; it was printing in color,

now it is not.  I just installed a New Color Cartgage.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello VirginiaRethy.

First, please check to make sure that no bright orange tape is left on the bottom of the new cartridge.

Next, a test should be performed of your printer.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Press the OPEN button to open the Output Tray.

2.  Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.

3.  Press the COPY button.

4.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

5.  Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.  The nozzle check pattern is printed.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this post.

MX340 Nozzle Test.jpg

If the page prints blank or colors are missing, printhead cleanings should be performed.  Please follow the instructions below to clean the printhead:

1.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

2.  Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until HEAD REFRESHING is displayed in the LCD below MAINTENANCE, and then press OK.

After 3 or 4 cleanings, print another test page.  Does the test page print correctly?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

falsecut
Apprentice

I get only the BK line on the nozzle check.  Head Refreshing does not appear in the maintenance section.  I get Nozzle Check, Cleaning, Deep Cleaning, Print Head Alignment, Print Head Align Value, Roller Cleaning, and Bottom Cleaning.  That doesn't leave me with mych in the way of options to follow this troubleshooting regime.

Greetings,

This is a 10 yr old thread.  If you are seeking support, please start your own thread and provide the model of your device, the OS version and build you are using it with and any other information you believe is relevant to your issue.  Is this a new printer or new to you?  Did it ever work? Etc.  On the off chance you have an MX340, this is a 12 yr old device.  Canon offers an upgrade program for hardware which is end of life, retired or no longer supported.  This would be my recommendation.  Investing further in something this old might not be the most cost effective solution.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for trying to help but I got my answers already. Defective brand new ink cartridge. The posted instructions here are still wrong and need pointing out since this is the only thread on the site that relates to head refreshing.  I reason to have the next person struggling to find it. 

Announcements