cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot the password for my Cannon mx410 and need to know how to recover it or reset it.

kattywompas1
Apprentice

I forgot the password for my Cannon mx410 printer and need to know how to recover it or reset it.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kattywompus1,

To change the password for your PIXMA MX410, please follow these steps:

1. Start up IJ Network Tool by clicking Start, All Programs, Canon Utilities, IJ Network Tool and the the IJ Network Tool.

2. Select your PIXMA MX410 in Printers.

3. Select Configuration from the Settings menu.

4. Click the Admin Password tab.

5. Set a password. The password should consist of alphanumeric characters and be no longer than 32 characters. The password is case-sensitive. Enter the password again for confirmation.

6. Click OK.

A dialog box is displayed asking you for confirmation before the settings are sent to the printer. If you click Yes, the settings are sent to the printer and the Transmitted Settings dialog box is displayed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tastevens
Apprentice

If you don't have the password you won't be able to change it using the instructions above. Instead go to you your printer and ...

• press the [Menu] button until you see "Device Settings" on the lcd display
  • press the [>] button until you see "Lan Settings", click [ok] button
  • press the [>] button until you see "Reset LAN Settings", click [ok]

You will then need to rejoin the printer to the network, but the password will be removed.

sand77-
Apprentice
need to change my password forgot it

sand77-
Apprentice

forgot  my password to my printer how can i get it?????

Announcements