cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX7021 "Cannot Communicate With Scanner" Message

Ibrahim1960
Apprentice

Hi.. I just purchased the GX7021 all-in-one printer. The printer and the fax are working fine. I have a problem scanning. I get a message in the IJ Scan Utility that says: cannot communicate with scanner due to: 1-scanner is turned off. 2- is disconnected from wired LAN. 3- the signal for WiFi is poor. 4-the network connection is prohibited by software. Can someone help.

4 REPLIES 4

Ibrahim1960
Apprentice

Code: 5,157,69

Hello Ibrahim1960,

That error will point to a connection issue or security software blocking our software. We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What security software are you using?

Thanks for the reply and help. Iam running windows 11, and I had McAfee antivirus but I uninstalled it and disabled the windows defender, but the problem persisted.

Hello Ibrahim1960,

If you are getting a 5,157,69 error, it will usually mean that something is blocking our Canon IJ scan utility or the network connection is too weak to support scanning. If you have uninstalled Mcaffe and you still have the error, you can try unplugging your router for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try scanning to see if you still get the same message. If you do, you can try moving the printer so it has a better connection to the wireless router.

You can also try a test scan from another scanner program like Windows fax and scan or Paint to see if you can perform a scan. If you can, it will point to the scanner connection working, but something blocking the IJ scan utility. 

If you continue to have problems, I would suggest contacting our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what might be preventing the scan utility from contacting the scanner.

Announcements