cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX7020 Color are not printing anymore, even after nozzle cleaning

zingertech
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a GX7020 printer. All of a sudden my colors were fading and now completely gone. Only the black color prints.

I have a half tank left on all colors and I have gone throught nozzle cleaning procedures, even the Deep one.

What else can I do to get the colors to print again.

Let me know ASAP! Thank you,
Robert

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

After you ran the deep cleanings did you un a nozzle check? If so, did it look OK?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

zingertech
Apprentice

Yes, I did.

After it printed the nozzle check....all that printed was the black areas.

The first one I did, the colors were faint and sparse....after every nozzle check it kept getting lighter and lighter...to where the colors don't show at all, and all I that prints is the black colors.

Robert

Robert

Sounds like you have a printhead failure. You have nothing to lose by trying some of the head cleaning videos on YouTube. If that doesn’t work need to compare cost of new print head vs cost of new printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I replaced maintenance cartridge but now NO colors whatsoever come out! Tried to clean but still zero colors!! Ughhh

Sorry I didn't finish my bitching! I will NEVER buy another canon! Cannot get any help without paying alot

of money and have had problems with this since the beginning. Thought the more expensive the less problems boy wasn't wrong!  The print head I took out and cleaned as directed but no ink at all comes out! It won't even let me align print head?? I cannot figure this out why no ink at all! Thank you anyone who can help

Just had similar issue. Red and yellow were spotty, then the yellow stopped printing altogether as I printed test sheets. This printer (GX7021) is only seven months old, and I use it routinely, so this seemed odd. After multiple cleanings and a deep cleaning, the red slowly came back. The yellow did not. My maintenance cartridge was about half full after the deep cleaning. I waited 24 hours like the manual suggests, but the situation did not improve. At that point, I decided to remove the print head for a manual, out-of-printer cleaning. With the print head removed, I stared at the print head (the "death stare" is a crucial step in any repair). This gave me a moment to notice air bubbles in the yellow ink tube leading to the print head. I do not know whether the air bubbles were the problem, but based on that, I decided to reinstall the print head rather than try to clean it. The reinstallation of the print head involved a helluva racket that went on for about four minutes. It ended with a message that the out-of-stock maintenance cartridge was full and needs to be replaced; however, the yellow started working again.

"Your mileage may vary."

I have a few gentle suggestions for Canon because this printer nearly got shipped back to repair depot today:

1) Please keep the maintenance cartridges in-stock because they are obviously crucial to keeping these printers working;

2) Please provide more detailed troubleshooting suggestions in the user manual, including a discussion of whether the air bubbles I saw are a problem, and if such can be cured by some user maintenance procedure that does not involve excessively using up maintenance cartridges and ink;

3) I have been printing nozzle test sheets every few days to keep the colors flowing, but it would be good to know if printing such small quantities of color is good or bad, or might even cause the bubbles I saw, or otherwise be a poor method to keep the colors from drying out. Maybe there should be more nozzle test patterns or user exercise routines that focus on just the colors (black is not likely to dry out) or on one color at a time.

I have previously cleaned a PIXMA print head out of the printer several times. It is not a pleasant process that can take up to a day. I feel like there is some information or suggestions missing from the documentation that could help the users better prevent these printers from clogging up.

h00ligan
Apprentice

I had a similar issue as as well that I just solved. My yellow wasn't printing- all other colors were OK. Color bars on the test sheet were all good except for yellow- they were non-existent.

When I saw the mention of air bubbles by maintenanceman, that sparked an idea. Knowing that the machine runs under pressure from the tank to the printhead, I opened and closed the yellow tank access about 5 times, then did another nozzle check. Voila- two solid yellow bars.

As maintenanceman said, YMMV, but this worked for me.

bdub516
Apprentice

Same issue. I run a nozzle check and only get black, no colors. I have less than 6,000 prints and have had this for about 1 year. Support info is non-existent on this. I paid more for this printer and am regretting every dollar spent.

Announcements