cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 seems possessed. It keeps turning on and off shortly after it's turned on

biowey
Apprentice

Hi, I got a G7020 a while ago but didn't use it much, maybe around twice every month or so.  It's still got 1/2 a tank of the black ink and roughly 1/2 of each of the 3 colors.  If I remember correctly, the firmware is at 1.50.

A few months ago, I pressed the button to turn it off and it would display "Ending.  Please wait momentarily" on the screen, make the usual shutting down noises, and then after turning off, it would turn back on immediately.  It was on wifi at that time.  I'd press the button to turn it off again, and again it would display "Ending.  Please wait momentarily" on the screen, make the usual shutting down noises, and then after turning off, it would turn back on immediately.  This happened a few more times, then I gave up and turned it off using the power bar.

The printer worked a few times after that (i.e. it would turn off normally) but since then I had problems connecting it to wifi, so I used a wired connection.  After turning it off, it would turn on, then shortly after it would automatically turn off, and then back on, etc.  I couldn't get it out of this loop, so I gave up and turned it off using the power bar.

I turned the power bar back on, and then after a few seconds the green power light turns on by itself but it wouldn't display anything on the LCD.  If I pressed the "Stop" button, the "alert lamp" at the bottom right (yellow / orange) will illuminate.  I can't turn it off no matter how long I hold down the stop or power buttons.  I disconnected the LAN cable, turned it off using the power bar, pressed the power button 5 times while off (as suggested in someone else's forum post), then turned it back on.  The same thing happens: the green light turns on by itself but nothing is displayed on the LCD.  Holding down the power button does nothing.  Pressing the "Stop" button illuminates the "alert lamp."

I disconnected the power and left the LAN cable unplugged overnight.  Now, once I plug it in, it will turn on automatically.  The LCD works.  But after a few seconds, it displays "Ending.  Please wait momentarily."  Then it shuts off.  And then it turns on again.  And then it displays "Ending.  Please wait momentarily."  The buttons are usable during this loop.  If I press quickly, I can go to the settings menu and erase "all data" from the printer.  Then it displays "Ending.  Please wait momentarily," turns off by itself, then back on again.  I did that twice.  I also tried to copy a page I put on the scanner.  But part of the way through the scanning process, it displays "Ending.  Please wait momentarily," turns off by itself, then back on again. 

What should I do?  Is there a way to reset this?  I have not used this printer very much and it has always seemed a little possessed.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements