cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Filter Error on macOS Big Sur 11.6

mbricker
Apprentice

My MG2522 was working well--wired b/c my wifi is too weak--until BigSur updated to 11.6 Now I get Failed-Filter Error What to do?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mbricker,

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon printer on the left side and then the [-] at the bottom.

4.  Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5.  Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.

Next, please download the latest driver.  You can use THIS LINK.

Once the download is complete, please open/run it to begin the installation, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted during installation.

When the installation is complete, please click on the Apple, System Preferences and Printers & Scanners again.

The MG2500 series should be listed on the left side again.  If it is, please attempt to print.

If it is not, please click the [+] in the lower left corner.

In the Add window that appears, please click one time on the MG2500 in the list and select Canon MG2500 series from the "Use" drop down box at the bottom.

Click Add. 

Once installed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

WorkedForMe
Contributor

I had a “filter” fail error on Canon Image Class MF3010 both trying to print online as well as when downloaded on to my Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 computer. The solution was to Control + click on the name of the file on my computer in Finder, Open With, Change to Mozilla Firefox. It would open and then print.   ..    ..    ..   Then I changed the default PDF viewer on my Mac computer which was Preview. It wasn’t working on my Mac giving me the “filter” error. I Control clicked the name again, clicked Get Info, then scrolled down to Open With and the drop down menu has Default, click that and scroll down to Firefox and make that your default Open With.  Wishing everyone drama-free printing!

Announcements