To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the Canon printer on the left side and then the [-] at the bottom.
4. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.
5. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
Next, please download the latest driver. You can use THIS LINK.
Once the download is complete, please open/run it to begin the installation, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted during installation.
When the installation is complete, please click on the Apple, System Preferences and Printers & Scanners again.
The MG2500 series should be listed on the left side again. If it is, please attempt to print.
If it is not, please click the [+] in the lower left corner.
In the Add window that appears, please click one time on the MG2500 in the list and select Canon MG2500 series from the "Use" drop down box at the bottom.
Once installed, please attempt to print.
12/05/2023: New firmware updates are available.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.