cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF9220Cdn scan to Email using GMAIL as business apps

ourcalling
Apprentice

We use Google apps for nonprofits and all of our email is handled by gmail. 

What settings do we use on the MF9220Cdn to send scans by email?

I have set the SMTP server, username & password. How can I turn on SSL?

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ourcalling.

The imageCLASS MF9220Cn does not support SSL, therefore using a web-based email account, such as Gmail is not supported.

Should you need further assistance with setting up the machine over the network, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Gmail supports a non SSL connection.   https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Over 5 million businesses use Google Apps for business.  Don't you think Canon should make their product work on Google apps? 

I have a Color imageCLASS MF8580CDW on a wifi network (no ethernet or USB connected), behind a home router (Verizon). I use it with Airprint on my iPhones and two Macs.

Here's what I use in System Management Settings:

Network Settings

TCP/IP Settings

Port Number Settings
   SMTP: 587

E-Mail Settings
  SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
  E-Mail Address: <<myusername>>@gmail.com
  Authentication/Encryption Settings
  Use POP Authentication Before Sending: Off
  Use SMTP Authentication: On
  User Name: <<myusername>>@gmail.com
  Password: Set.
  Use SSL: On
  Confirm Certificate for SMTP Sending: Off

It took me a while to get this, and like the reply you got, Canon was no help at all when I asked them via email.  Good luck!

Thank you so much, I couldn't find where to put the port number, you have solved my problem. I made a Canon account just to be able to thank you as their instructions omit the important step of setting the port number... Who can I hit?

Hi,

a client of mine is having the same problem that he cannot enter a custom port for the scan to email communication. Can you explain where it was setup exactly and if it was done through the webinterface or the menu on the printer itself? Hope to hear soon from anyone that can help us out!

Regards,

Bram

The Netherlands

You can set the smtp port through the remote UI.  Naviage to:

Settings/Registration: Preferences: Network Settings > Port Number Settings

Or you can go directly to:

http://<your printer address>/m_network_portnum.html

Announcements