cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Code 5, 156, 69

lupeta_lolo
Apprentice

Receiving code 5,156,69 Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: - Scanner is turned off. - USB cable is disconnected. Neither of these is true. I have seen that I need to turn OFF VPN, and I have turned this off, but it isn't helping. I have checked all connections and turned off and on again and downloaded the latest version of the software. HELP!

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, lupeta_lolo!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon product you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lupeta_lolo,

What is the model number of the Canon product that you own?

Are you using it wirelessly?
or with a USB cable?

Are you using Windows?
If not, what version of Mac OSX are you using?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

The Model Number is: ? I'm trying to buy it from a friend and there is no listed on the machine and no box

Serial Number is: AFXN[xxxxx]

Canon Pixma MG 2522

USB cable

Windows

Into my HP Pavilion Laptop

[Serial number partially hidden to protect privacy.]

Hi,

Check your firewall or security settings as well. This error can appear when the scanner driver is not being detected correctly. I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support and they can check any security programs or your firewall to see what could be causing the scanner driver to not be detected. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

StuartL
Apprentice

Had this issue when my scanner had been working without fault.  Did everything tech support here suggested . Just installed a default windows App and guess what, scanner works perfectly. I`m using win 10 64 Bit 

What do you mean by installing a windows default app, what default app?

Announcements