cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8500 Printer

smls25
Contributor

Suddenly my printer will not print!  It printed this morning, then when I went to print something, it keeps saying printer offline (when it is ON) and will not print.  I tried re-surging the router and putting in the wireless LAN information and it says it IS connected to the wireless LAN.  Can someone help?  I cannot find a # for Canon to call to get help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi smls25,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5. Click Close to close that window.

6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

8. Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

10. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2. Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, follow the prompts for wireless installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi smls25,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

If you would like to contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone, please use the link below to create an account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If you would like to chat, please use the link below and when the page loads, click the green "Have a question" box in the lower right corner:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

smls25
Contributor

Windows 10 is installed.  When I click on the link you posted, NO chat feature appears at the bottom.  I just installed the latest driver and it printed a Test Page.  However, when I try to print something else I get an error message that the printer is offline (it is NOT) and display print que or cancel printing.  The notice that there is a a notice about printing keeps appearing at the bottom right of the screen but when I click on that nothing happens.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

TR8500, windows 10, connected via wireless.

Please try the following:

Restart the printer

Set or reserve this IP address for the printer (important)

Now open Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers

Find your printer, right-click and select Remove Device from the context menu

Now Above select the Add Printer button

Then the radio button for my printer is not listed here (even if you see it)

Now select add by TCP/IP address (radio button)

Now enter the IP you set or reserved for the device on your router 

Provide a unique name such as "Canon TR8500"

Press next, the printers driver will be installed

When finished, right-click on the device again and select printer properties (near top) of the context menu

Press the print test page button, a test page should print

Now test printing from another application.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, How do I log into my router?  I went to settings and clicked on the router info.  There are all kinds of IPv addresses!  SSID: NETGEAR85
Protocol: Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Network channel: 11
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 144/72 (Mbps)
IPv6 address: 2603:7080:9900:8900:61ce:4ea:a4b0:e683
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::61ce:4ea:a4b0:e683%18
IPv6 DNS servers: 2001:1998:f00:1::1
2001:1998:f00:2::1
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.11
IPv4 DNS servers: 209.18.47.61
Manufacturer: Qualcomm Communications Inc.
Description: Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter
Driver version: 12.0.0.953
Physical address (MAC): C0-B5-D7-0B-CE-2F

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer was assigned 192.168.0.11, then 192.168.0.1 will be the gateway address of the router.  

Put this into your browser.  Default username and password for all Netgear products is admin and password.  Hopefully you've changed that. So supply credentials accordingly.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, but sorry, I lost you.  You mean put 192.168.0.1 in the chrome browser?  Totally confused here.  I would delete the printer and re-install but cannot find the install disc (if there ever was one).

Hi smls25,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5. Click Close to close that window.

6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

8. Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

10. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

2. Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, follow the prompts for wireless installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Thank you so much, Patrick!  That worked.  I'm saving your instructions in case the same thing happens again.

Announcements