cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR7520 "Black and White" Option

katmichaels
Apprentice

Hi, Everyone. My other Canon printer is being repaired and they gave me a brand new 7520 as a loaner. The question I have is that depending on the program I'm using, sometimes I have the option of "black and white", which I'm hoping is the same thing as greyscale. I like to save the color ink whenever possible. There is no "greyscale option". But there are a lot of programs that don't seem to give me the "black and white" option in the print menu. Odd.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi katmichaels,

The PIXMA TR7520 does not have a specific option that can be enabled to print in black and white.

The PIXMA TR7520 will use color ink tanks to print colored text.  Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the PIXMA TR7520 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black.  This is why your color ink cartridges are still being used.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements