cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR7520 - Incorrect Paper Type Error

chrissiejoy
Apprentice

Hi there, 

I'm trying to print on card stock with my TR 7520. The print dialog is set to 8.5x11, but the only "media type" options are auto select, envelope, photo, and plain paper. Since my card stock is none of those, I left it to "Auto," but it refuses to print -- keeps giving me an error that says "The size or type of the paper loaded in the rear tray is different from the pritn settings." and then the only options I'm given are Cancel or Replace with Plain Paper and Print. 

Any ideas of how to override this message, and/or add card stock as a paper type option? I feel like my own printer is holding me hostage!!

Thank you in advance!

Chrissie

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The paper settings that are registered in the printer have to match the paper size and media type that you are selecting before printing from your computer.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Southernbelle01
Apprentice
I found a Best Buy customer give this input for a Pixma printer online.
Pixma will print cardstock. I have printed business cards over and over with this printer. However, it does not have "cardstock" as an option in the drop down selections for paper type. I just selected "high resolution paper". Colors came out so vibrant and the images were very crisp! Hope this helps.
Announcements