Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR4520 PIXMA: Error 1682 COL Install ink cartridges correctly

lover4720
Apprentice

Cartridge install error message.

Canon TR4520 PIXMA 1682 COL Install ink cartridges correctly

I have taken the cartridges out several times, replaced with new cartridges, cleaned the contacts on both the cartridges and the printer and turned off the printer even unplugged it and continue to get the same message. Don't understand why I'm just now getting this. Have printed with these for over 2 years now.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lover4720,

The 1682 COL error is an indication that your PIXMA TR4520 does not detect that the color ink cartridge is installed in your PIXMA TR4520.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TR4500%20series/EN/ERR/1682.html?ref=1682

Please remove the color ink cartridge from your printer and verify that all of the cellophane / orange tape has been removed.

Also, please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink and that you are using CL-244, CL-246 or CL-246XL.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thisisstupid
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with this printer except for the black ink cartridge and I bought "genuine Canon ink". I also removed the orange tape before attempting to install it. I followed the user manual instructions for installation. What do I have to do to get this printer to detect the Canon ink???

Hi,

Could you take a picture of the ink you are trying to use and attach it to your next reply. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Announcements