cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3620: colors are wrong on PC but correct from phone and iPad

julianbaet
Apprentice

The colors are completely wrong when I print from my PC; I had a PDF with faded pastel colors, but when it prints the yellow is more saturated and the greens look blue. 

I printed the same doc from my phone and the colors were more accurate. How can I change my PC settings to be more accurate?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Color rendition on monitors is affected by many things and varies by manufacturer.  Correct monitor calibration is an iimportant part part of achieving correct color rendition on screen and in prints.  If the colors on your monitor are not set correctly, what you see on your screen, may not be what you see on the final printed result. 

Color profiles represent a color space and have to be matched to the type of hardware and media you are printing from / to for the most accurate color reproduction.

So the first thing to do  is ensure your monitor is correctly calibrated. Then select the correct color profile for the image / document you captured or are printing based on selected media type.  

Apple as well as many mobile device manufacturers artificially enchance colors to make their screens appear more rich and vibrant.  So the image you see on your PC screen might not be an accurate representation of the color spce if the monitor is not correctly calibrated, or you have selected an incorrect color profile for ther image and type of media you are printing to.

I would suggest searching for and reading about "monitor calibration", "ICC profiles" and "color space" which should help you understand how these things work together in color reproduction.

Also see page 362 of your printer's manual for more help:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300019362/02/MG3600ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V02.pdf - Specifying Color Correction. 

Page 370 explains Color Management:

Color Management.png     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi julianbaet,

Another thing that you could do is reinstall the driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon MG3600 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all MG3600's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon MG3600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MG3600 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "m68n-win-mg3600-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements