cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 DOES NOT print 12x12 files

Poppy26
Contributor

I bought this printer because it was specifically advertised as being able to print 12x12 for scrapbooking. Now I'm seeing that the only way to actually do that is to buy 13x19 paper and trim it down, which is extremely wasteful. Is there no other way? Is there any particular reason Canon neglects to include that in the product description? If this is the case, I will spend the rest of this year (at least) writing enough reviews to make sure everyone I come into contact with on social media knows that they're going to waste enough paper using this printer to wallpaper a house. SO ANGRY 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kadman59
Contributor
The ip8720 DOES support Custom paper sizing. NOTE however, to access the Custom paper size found in the Page Size drop-down list, the Page LAYOUT must NOT be set to Borderless.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.  Your post says the printer was advertised as being able to print 12x12?  Below that you state Canon neglects to include that in the product description.

I don't see that in the specs: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, 11 x 17, 13 x 19, U.S. #10 Envelopes.  Nor do I see any mention of scrapbooking or 12x12 in the manual..

The TS9512C is designed specifically for Scrapbooking and 12x12 printing.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/pixma-ts9521c-wireless

• 3.5" x 3.5"
  • 4" x 4"
  • 4" x 6"
  • 5" x 5"
  • 5" x 7"
  • 8" x 10"
  • Letter
  • 11" x 17"
  • 12" x 12" <<<<<<<<
  • Legal
  • U.S. #10 Envelopes

Sharp Black Text

The 8720 is not designed for scrapbooking.  I think you chose the wrong printer for your project.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

96BBB6AA-F70B-471C-B160-F1268D32022C.png

Hi Rick, 

Read the first paragraph of the ad I just posted. It clearly says it will print up to 13x19. I unloaded the Canon software and found a workaround to get the 12x12 prints I need. The point is, for the money spent on the printer I would think custom sizing would be a lot easier than having to use a work around. 

Thanks for your response

Poppy

May I ask how  you did the work around? I also bought this under the impression you could do 12x12 pages. 

I bought the printer for the same reason. It was being advertised as the New Craft Printer for 12x12 Scrapbooking. I have been very frustrated because I have not been able to figure how to make it print. If it is not made to print 12x12 then it should not be advertised that way. As you can see the yellow highlighted area states 12"x12" scrapbooking albums. So based on the advertisements this should have been the correct printer. Now I am stuck with a printer that I cannot use. Very disappointed in Canon. Canon iP8720 2.PNG

Hi!  It will print 12x12, you just have to use your Windows printer settings instead of the Canon software. I had to check and uncheck the borderless thing a few times til I figured it out, but it can be done. If you can't get it figured out on your Windows printer settings, respond here and I'll see if I can screenshot the settings for you. 

This might help 

On my laptop I went to Printers then started a print job. I had to change the paper setting to "other" and had to fiddle with the borderless thing. Don't remember if I checked or unchecked.  

Just purchased the 8720 - also thinking this would print a 12x12 borderless (from past advertising as shown here which I found after the purchase when trying to search solutions).  What is the work around? I can do a custom 12x12 but not borderless so is that impossible? Im considering returning if not.  I have tried checking no border which gives me @3/8 borders and I don’t have an option (macbook pro) to just uncheck no border, only single or double fine line which gives me a little less white border w a fine black line.  Seems like Canon could have made this very simple but didn’t. 

To add to previous post, I want to use actual 12x12 paper not have to trim. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements