cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA TS202 Certificate of Volatility/Certificates of Volatility in general

ericwhatley92
Apprentice

Has anyone had any luck having Canon support provide Certificates of Volatility for their printers? I've talked with tech support both online and over the phone and haven't been able to receive one for my printer. I received a verbal guarantee that the printer does not store any user data of any kind, but I need a written guarantee of such. Are there any other support avenues to try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ericwhatley92
Apprentice

My request to Canon made it to the Customer Relations team. A few days later they sent me the requested Letter of Volatility. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The TS202 is a USB only connected device.  It doesn't retain any personally identifiable information. It doesn't retain wireless profiles or printed documents.  It doesn't accept input of user information.

Maybe the party asking for this information should be questioned?  Seems like an unreasonable request given the circumstances.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Knowing that the printer is USB only doesn't speak to the internal memory of the device. It's important to have written documentation of the internal memory so that we can prove to whatever entity that data is not stored. We both know (or at least think we do) that the device doesn't store any information, but without written specifications of the memory or lack thereof, there is no evidence of that.

ericwhatley92
Apprentice

My request to Canon made it to the Customer Relations team. A few days later they sent me the requested Letter of Volatility. 

Could you please post that here if there's no dealer or customer identifying information on it?  We have a customer asking for it for the same model.. Thanks.

Jim

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hats off to you for your persistence.  Now the "customer" doesn't have to feel like they need to keep the printer forever to protect their proprietary IP.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrn146
Apprentice

Not sure what you mean or what your problem is but there are customers who deal with the government who require such documents even for silly usb printers.  Sometimes you don't ask why, you just get what they ask for. 

Announcements