cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA TR8620a refillable ink cartridge not allowing me to print

rbus11
Apprentice

I installed refillable ink cartridges to my Pixma TR8620a printer and 2 inks ran out so I refilled them but the printer is showing the ink to be empty.  I tried to print but the job is sitting in a queue and not printing I'm thinking due to the low ink detection chip. How can I bypass or turn off the low ink detection function from my printer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Refillable Ink Tank Printers | Printers and All-in-Ones (canon.ca)

Google found this. Look for USA equivalent models.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Refillable ink is not supported with this model printer and there is no way to adjust the low ink sensor in the cartridge. The printer would require new Canon ink cartridges to clear the error. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rbus11
Apprentice

Thank you Arthur for your response.  What other canon models would you recommend that are supported for refillable ink? 

Not likely that Canon, or any other printer maker, is going to support non-OEM supplies on their printers. Especially not refillable cartridges with who-knows-what ink in them.

Refillable Ink Tank Printers | Printers and All-in-Ones (canon.ca)

Google found this. Look for USA equivalent models.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

rbus11
Apprentice

Hi Normadel, thank you for your response.  You are right, that recommendation might not be available through canon as the purpose of any business model would be to sell product. Howeever, not sure if you seen those commercials from Epson where Shaquille O'neal is showing how easy it is to refill the ink on the printer when it runs out.  I was just thinking there would be a workaround for this low ink level detection, either a bypass like on older models with the "press and hold the "stop" or "stop/resume" button for 5-8 seconds" or maybe even being able to disable this feature. 

Shaq is using Epson ink in his Epson printer. Epson isn't going to support aftermarket-whatever-ink in their printers any more than Canon, Brother, HP will.

Announcements