cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP250 Error E04

Apprentice

N.B. - I am running on Linux Mnt.

How do I get the MP25 into maintenance mode? Are the instructions anywhere for this? I'm trying to clear an E04 error code. The cartridges are all the way to the right side (as looking into the printer) and will not move out either during start upp nor when opening the cover. I can hear them try once or twice before getting the error. I've tried restarting and unplugging the printer but the moment it comes on I get this error within a few seconds.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 345450964,

The E 0 4 error indicates that your PIXMA MP250 does not recognize one or both of the ink cartridges installed.

Please disconnect the power cord from your printer.  Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the power cord.  Turn your PIXMA MP250 on.  When you start to hear mechanical noises, disconnect the power cord.

Open the cover to your printer and you should now be able to manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the replacement position so that the ink cartridges can be replaced.

Once complete, please close the cover, reconnect the power cord and turn your PIXMA MP250 on.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The cartridges still will not move from under the right side. I can freely move them about 1/4 in but that is all. Both cartridges are fully under the right side but I can gently pull the plastic strap and then reach to the back of the cartridge section and move them slightly from there.

Hi, 

Since the inks wont move, the printer has most likely experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements