cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 3200 won’t pick up paper so can’t do roller cleaning

Mollylathen
Apprentice
I just bought a new canon MG 3200 two weeks ago. It worked like a charm for a few large printing jobs and has had quite a few problems since. I was able to solve the empty ink problem (I had replaced the ink and the printer thought the cartridges were empty when they weren’t) and the supposed paper jam problem (there was no paper jamming. I “solved this by leaving the printer unplugged for two days). But now when I go to print it acts as though it is printing, I can hear the ink moving back and forth, but the paper remains in the tray. I can’t perform any roller cleaners because it won’t pull any paper through and I have done a visual inspection. There is nothing on the roller blades, on first look there was a piece of hair which I removed.

I am printing from a Mac OS with wireless connection.
2 REPLIES 2

Mollylathen
Apprentice
It is as though the internal rollers are not working because the ones I can see will pull the paper down about 2 inches and then the rollers I can hear are not working properly to keep it going through the printer

Hi Mollylathen,

Please follow these steps:

1. Turn the machine off, then unplug the power cord.

2. Pull the paper out slowly. Hold the paper with your hands, then pull the paper out slowly not to tear it.

3. Do not pull the paper out from the front tray even though you can see the jammed paper at the front tray. Pulling the paper out forcibly from the front tray may damage the machine.

4. Stand the machine with the right side facing down.

5. Push the open lever to open the transport unit. When you open the transport unit, support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall down.

6. Pull out the jammed paper slowly. When you pull the jammed paper, support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall down.

7. Close the transport unit.

8. Open the paper output cover. Remove the paper on the front tray if any. Do not touch the clear film.

9. Make sure that the jammed paper is not under the FINE cartridge holder. If the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge holder, move the FINE cartridge holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper.

10. Hold the jammed paper with your hands.

11. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it, then pull the paper out.

12. Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed.

13. Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

14. Reload the paper. All print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements