cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

c100 has too much green in the video, doesnt disappear when adding magenta

JerTob
Apprentice

So last night I was just doing some testing with the c100 and I noticed that in the viewfinder after auto white balancing, there ws a bit too much green in spots where there relly shouldnt be. I took some video and wanted to see if this was just something in the LCD screen or the actual video, and the green cast was indeed in the video. I went into the color profiles and tried adding magenta but it actually did nothing to reduce the green in the areas I was seeing it in and only made everything else more magenta. 

I'm just wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone has experienced this and if there;s any real fixes.

17 REPLIES 17

I'm assuming "HERE" was suppose to be hyper-linked. I'm having the same issue and would like to figure it out. Where could we get one-on-one tech support?

Hi everyone, feel free to click on the following "Contact Us" link for support: Contact Us

Thanks!

I have exactly this problem as well. Have you fixed this? 

I just updated my firmware and reset all settings and have still this issue.. 

I'm having the same problem. I can only assume that some of the cameras ship this way. I have tried various ways to correct the green, including all of the white balance option, various exposures, and changing the camera profiles. Nothing fixes the green cast. I've seen elswhere people saying to change the color matrix - but, we shouldn't have to do that: the camera should ship with a neutral and properly color balanced matrix where all colors are accurate. I'm very disappointed and will be contacting Canon and requesting that 1) they fix my camera, 2) replace my camera, or 3) give me my money back. I never had these issues with my Sony or Panasonic. Hoping they can create a fast fix for me.

Did you ever fix your green problem? I am having the same issue. Were you shooting with Kino or other pro fluorescent lighting?

UPDATE: I took the camera to the Canon repair facility in Hollywood, CA. The tech there confirmed that there is too much green in C-log mode, and made adjustments. However, after I got the camera returned I ran another test and I see that there is still green in the image, though, much less. I think the problem at the repair facility is that the tech only used a monitor to view the camera image in the C-log format. If you have a C100 then you know that in C-log the image is washed out and low contrast, for the most part. When I put the footage into an editor and only adjusted contrast, blacks, whites and exposure (e.g., did nothing to color), there was still green in the image (most obvious in the darker parts of the footage). 

Since I purchased the camera from B&H, I'll be exchanging it for another camera. 

On another note, I told the rep at Canon that this problem has been mentioned in several online forums and he was not aware of that. If your C100 is shoting green in C-log, let Canon know!

cinema622
Apprentice

if you're using the wide dr picture profile or any other ,just unprotect it if it has a lock then go into the white balance setting inside the picture profile and adjust it. worked wonders for me. no more green tint to the picture. its located in page 98 of the user manual.

Agreed, I dial it out in Custom Profile.

Auto WB adjusts along the red blu and green magenta scales automatically.

Custom white balance only adjusts along red blue.

You can press for a single auto, then adjust your red blue, that'll auto set the g/M adjustment.

Otherwise you must adjust your magenta/green manually yourself in picture styles.

Canon could improve this by allowing adjustment of both kelvin settin and G/M tint manually under the custom setting.

until this firmware improvement is made, you must adjust manually as mentioned I'm afraid.

Announcements