cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF Utility drops frames in playback on my Mac Book Air

jdbrunet
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently purchased a C300 and I am using a 2013 Mac Book Air to transfer media from the camera to external hard drives.

All works well except XF Utility drops frames when playing back footage from media that has been transferred to the laptops hard drive and also my external hard drives.  I am using the latest version of XF Utility (1.3.0) and here are the tech specs for my Mac Book Air:

Processor  1.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB

My iMac desktop from 2007 plays the footage back with no dropped frames, no hiccupps.  I have a hard time beleiving that the latest the processor and graphics components on a 2013 MacBook Air cannot play back the footage without dropping frames.  Anyone have any ideas what might be my problem?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello jdbrunet,

We are not aware that this is a common issue with the footage shot with the EOS C300.  Since XF Utility seems to drop frames, the next thing to try would be another program to see if the footage drops frames there as well.  This would give us an idea if the issue is solely within XF Utility or the computer as a whole.

Desktops are generally more stable with regards to video processing because most Mac systems that are built for editing have more RAM and would handle the flow of video better.  You do not list the spec's for the iMac, so we cannot say this for certain. 

If this is an urgent matter and you need assistance right away please Contact Us directly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements