cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an SD card with C300 Mark II without limitations?

Cunha
Rising Star

Hello,

Sorry for such a basic question. I am learning from zero.

While shooting tests with a C300 Mark II, at the present moment I cannot use a Cfast cards; only an SD card.

The exact card is:

128 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s SDXC V30 I U3 10

Usualy the SD slot is used for Proxy files, record settings, etc.

Can I use this SD card like any CFast card or will I experience limitations in resolution, color space, gamma, bit rate, color sampling, etc?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Cunha, 

If one has the EOS C300 Mark II set up so that proxy clip recording is activated but no CFast card is inserted into the camera, only the proxy clip will be recorded to the SD card. 

The user is more limited with regards to the proxy clip setting.  Compared to 4K clips, proxy clips have a relatively more manageable video configuration of 2K with YCbCr 4:2:0, 8-bit color sampling, and a bit rate of 24 or 35 Mbps.   

Frame rate and audio recording settings will be the same used for primary clips. I hope this answers all of your questions. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cunha
Rising Star

Any help please? Thank you.

Hi, Cunha!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you

Tim
Authority

Hello Cunha, 

If one has the EOS C300 Mark II set up so that proxy clip recording is activated but no CFast card is inserted into the camera, only the proxy clip will be recorded to the SD card. 

The user is more limited with regards to the proxy clip setting.  Compared to 4K clips, proxy clips have a relatively more manageable video configuration of 2K with YCbCr 4:2:0, 8-bit color sampling, and a bit rate of 24 or 35 Mbps.   

Frame rate and audio recording settings will be the same used for primary clips. I hope this answers all of your questions. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much Tim. Crystal clear ,-)

Announcements