cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Raw Workflow -- Exported Canon Raw video looks insanely overexposed.

jgrammadoo
Apprentice

Hi, friends.

We have a C200 at the office, and I'm just now experimenting with shooting Raw on it for the first time.  There's a lot to the worflow I need to learn, but I brought some Raw footage (shot onto the CFast card) into premiere CC 2019 on our iMac Pro, played with color correcting it, and it looks amazing in the project.  I rendered out the project, trying two different formats (ProRes HQ 422 and a high quality H264 mp4) and getting the same result.  The rendered video is now wildly different from what I saw in my project.  Hopefully this is some obvious problem with a simple solution?  See the attached screen grab, featuring the way it looked in the Premiere project, and then how it came out in my *.mov file.

I'm used to the mild lightening and desaturation that happens when I export from Premiere; it's annoying, but I've learned to deal with it.  But I've never seen anything like this, and it makes me think there's some RAW-specific procedure I'm missing.

Thanks for taking a look! -- JeremyScreen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.55.10 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

dbowker3d
Contributor
My guess is that there's a disconnect between the color space you're working in and the color space that it's getting exported to. Just go through each step in terms of color workflow. there are some pretty good tutorials on this on the Adobe site.

Doug Bowker
www.douglasbowker-motiongraphics.com

Never underestimate the power of kindness.

Announcements