cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cinema camera coming?

John_SD
Whiz

According to highly reliable Canon Rumors, Canon is working on the EOS C500 Mark II cinema camera. Word is that it will match or exceed the 4.5K sensor in the C700. Rumored to be priced at a relatively affordable $15,000, our aspiring cinematographers and future filmmakers out there can finally have the camera that can make their dreams of internet and YouTube glory come true. No longer will our misunderstood geniuses be hobbled by the DSLRs they have been forced to fumble with. It is time for them to step up, invest in themselves, and show the world what they can do with the right tool. I look forward to awards season. 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Didn't they announce a new cinema camera months ago when they first dropped the names R5 and R6?  The image sensor is supposed to be able to use some special types of pixels that are actually pixel pairs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Didn't they announce a new cinema camera months ago when they first dropped the names R5 and R6?  The image sensor is supposed to be able to use some special types of pixels that are actually pixel pairs.

Now that you mention it, I do recall some talk about a new cinema camera, but don't remember any of the details from that time. 

And in other rumor news, the site is stating in no uncertain terms that its sources are saying there will be no 5D Mark V and no 7D III. Not surprising at all, as DSLRs are rapidly approaching the end of the line. I would expect any forthcoming releases, if any, to merely be final products that were already in the pipeline. 

Further rumors confirm that Canon is developing the M50 Mark II and that the future EOS M releases will most likely be coming with IBIS. 

Announcements