cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting 1DC to output Clean HDMI to a PCI capture card!

machinus
Contributor

Hello,

I have a 1DC which outputs a 1080i 60fps signal to my HDMI television.

I would like to capture this signal using a PCI capture card. However, when I plug it into the PC, it does not send the clean HDMI signal! It duplicates the viewfinder!

Can you help me?

4 REPLIES 4

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi machinus,

Thanks for checking in with us.

In order to get clean output from the camera, you'll want to connect via HDMI, not USB. With a HDMI connection, the camera can output a clean HD signal at the following frame rates: 24p, 50i, & 60i.

To get it into your computer, you may need to use an I/O device with an HDMI input. Some of the companies who make such devices include AJA, Blackmagic Design, and Matrox.

It's not connected with USB.

Thanks for your reply.

To help us get a better sense of what you are facing, please elaborate on the following:

• What PCI capture card are you using?
  • Beyond the HDMI cable, do you have any other accessories connected to the camera?
  • Are you using a single cable or is there an adapter involved?
  • What program on your computer are you using to connect to the camera?
  • While connected to the computer, are you able to capture any footage on the camera's memory card? If so, what is the frame rate and resolution of that footage?

machinus
Contributor
The 1DC is a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR) made by Canon. This camera comes with an HDMI output port which can be connected to external video devices (using an HDMI cable), such as the HDMI television I already mentioned in my first post. This sends out an HDMI signal, over an HDMI cable, which is quite different from a USB data signal. It is not possible to connect a DSLR to a television using a USB cable. HDMI televisions require HDMI cables by definition.

As i said, the 1DC (camera) sends 1080i to the television over HDMI natively (using an HDMI cable). There is no other equipment. The 4K60 Pro Mk.2 supports 4K input, which is well above the 1080i that the 1DC sends over HDMI, but the camera does not send the 1080i signal (over the HDMI cable) to the PCI card. This is using an HDMI cable.
Announcements