cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses for the Canon C300 PL Mount?

bcrete
Apprentice

I'm fairly new to video cameras and am a bit confused about lens fittings and mount types.

I have a Canon C300 and in the market for some cheap lenses. It's a C300 PL Mount and I am wanting to purchase a Rokinon 35mm cine lens, but it's for an EF mount. I can't seem to find a PL version of the lens. Is there an adapter I can use to be able to use EF mounts? I don't want to order a lens online and find out that it doesn't fit. or does anyone know of any sub $500 PL lenses similar to Rokinon? I used a Rokinon 35mm EF lens on a 5D Mark IV and loved how it looked. I thought I could just order than lens but it doesn't seem that simple.

Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello bcrete, 

I understand that you're looking for an EF to PL mount lens converter for use with several lenses you might be considering.  

Officially there is no single or one adapter that Canon recommends because we don't manufacture an EF to PL mount adapter at this time.  There do seem to be several available on the market, however their functionality could be called into question as well as the ease of their application.  This stems from the spacing between the rear lens elements relevant to the focal plane and since adapters may change this distance, care must be used if choosing to use an adapter.  

It may be worth it if you try getting in touch with the manufacturer of that lens, the Rokinon, and see if they offer a PL mount conversion.  If they did it would be ideal so as to give you proper PL connection. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello bcrete, 

I understand that you're looking for an EF to PL mount lens converter for use with several lenses you might be considering.  

Officially there is no single or one adapter that Canon recommends because we don't manufacture an EF to PL mount adapter at this time.  There do seem to be several available on the market, however their functionality could be called into question as well as the ease of their application.  This stems from the spacing between the rear lens elements relevant to the focal plane and since adapters may change this distance, care must be used if choosing to use an adapter.  

It may be worth it if you try getting in touch with the manufacturer of that lens, the Rokinon, and see if they offer a PL mount conversion.  If they did it would be ideal so as to give you proper PL connection. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hi
i have c300 pl Mount , i need to change it to EF mount can you please give me suggestions
pallavi
Announcements