cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility

Valen
Apprentice

I currently have the C100 mark 2 and am very pleased with the low light performance that I experience doing church weddings and in particular receptions. One area that the C100 appears to fall short on however is the continuous focus. It appears that only STM lenses will continuously focus on this model. Is that true? I would perfer to be using an "L" lens. The only time I really need this is during the processional, but its an important piece.

And does the C200 have the same limitation of Continuous focus only working with STM lenses?

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hello Valen, 

On the EOS C100 Mark II you can use Continuous AF with EF lenses that have an AF/ MF switch present on them.  On the camera, go into the AF Mode submenu [Camera Setup> AF> Mode] select [Continuous] and then press the joystick.  

The setup for the EOS C200 is identical to the EOS C100 Mark II.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the reply. Now when I try to do that with anything but an STM lense the AF doesn't work on the C100 mark II? Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Valen, 

The EOS C100 Mark II has a focusing mode called Face AF which is only compatible with STM lenses, but that is distinct from Continuous AF.  I believe Face AF is probably what you are referring to instead, as Continuous AF is not limited to strictly STM lenses.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

In trying this I find the Continuous AF has a habit of "hunting" as it tries to maintain focus. But on demos I've seen of the C200 this doesn't seem to happen. So is this lens dependent as in I need a "L" lens as that seems to be what is being demoed with the C200? Or is the Continuous AF better in the C200?

Thanks.

Marie203828
Apprentice

The easiest way to find out which lenses your camera will accept is to look at the indicators on lens mount on the front of your camera (Removed link as per Forum Guidelines)

Announcements