cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a solution for using BOTH EF and PL mount lenses on the C300 Mark ii?

Donthepro
Apprentice

I mostly use PL mount lenses but occationally would like to use the lighter weight EF lenses for Ronin and other rigs.  I can't seem to find any adapters to go from EF to PL.  Plus I need it to be rock solid... not a rigged fix that might cause issues.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Keep looking.  A quick web search turned up this thing.

Triad Canon C300 Camera EF to PL Lens Mount Adapter

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

Hello Donthepro, 

I understand that you'd like an adapter to go from PL to EF.  At this time no such adapter direct from Canon exists, unfortunately.

There are options (which I am sure you're probably aware) to have Canon factory service centers switch the mounts on the camera from PL to EF and back again, provided that you either supply or purchase the applicable mount.  I understand this is not the same as having an on the fly adapter, but it would be the option we have available at this time for the camera to accept either lenses independently.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

Hello Donthepro, 

I understand that you'd like an adapter to go from PL to EF.  At this time no such adapter direct from Canon exists, unfortunately.

There are options (which I am sure you're probably aware) to have Canon factory service centers switch the mounts on the camera from PL to EF and back again, provided that you either supply or purchase the applicable mount.  I understand this is not the same as having an on the fly adapter, but it would be the option we have available at this time for the camera to accept either lenses independently.  

Tim has hit the nail on the head.  The basic problem is that the camera has a PL mount, instead of EF, because there are a host of pl to EF adapters out there, but not the other way around.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements