cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon's Data Import Utility C100

corbyn
Apprentice

Does anyone know where to download C100 Data Import Utility for C100? I just bought a used c100 that did not come with the disc and hoping to find out how to order a new one or if there is a download somewhere. Anybody out there think this is a must or can bypass with something like clipwrapper? 

12 REPLIES 12

Mykolas
Authority

Hi corbyn!

Thanks for posting.

The Data Import Utility is made and provided by Pixela.  You can download it from their website.  Please refer to the link below:

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/dataimportutility/download.html

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike!!

Is there a Mac Version available?

I'm on a Mac as well, but I'm wondering what situations need an import utiliity? Why not just use the editor nle import function? I use both FCPX import and Adobe Prelude (both make a copy of the video files and optimized versions as needed).

Does anyone one know where the import utility can be downloaded from? this link takes you to the updater ONLY and requires the original software.

Thanks
Steve

Hi everyone!

Since Pixela is the maker of the Import Utility, you'd want to contact them to see about obtaining a replacement disc. Here in the US, their number is 800-458-4029. If you need to reach them from outside of the US, you'll want to contact Canon Support in your area by going to www.canon.com and selecting your region/country to see what number to use to contact Pixela. 

Bear in mind, you don't have to use the Pixela software, there are many other third party options out there like Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premier Pro that  will also work (only to name two; but many others will work just as well, and we don't prefer any one over the other).

We hope that helps!

I have Sony Vegas Pro which works but leaves a gap of missing video and audio between the cards when recording in relay.

As a long time Sony EX shooter it seems crazy that we have to go chasing around for software like this when others provide DL links??

Steve

Hi Steve,

You will want to contact Canon support in your area.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I have a canon c100 first edition and have lost the canon import Utlitly disc.  I had inported it on my IMac which got struck by lightening today and was fried including hard drive.   I am trying to download to my macbook pro which believe it or not still has Snow leopard because I have to keep Final cut por on there for past clients commercial timelines with donuts.   So no upgrade is possible at this time with this computer.    I have shot a number of jobs and have to get these imported and edited and can't do it without the import utility.  Problem is, version 1 only has an update, no download of teh software and only for PC.  Called canon and they told me to call Pixella which no longer has a working number.   Nobody can sell me a disc.   I am willing to pay.  this is insane.   Canon sells me a $6000 camera with a disc bundled that can't be replaced, and no download capabilities.  Help canon, any advise.  Or anyone have another option.   I can't import canon c100 into FCP 7.  Not supported so I need to stitch and then transcode to pro res in clipwrap.   any work around to do this.  Stiitching long wedding cereemony is a must with no file breaks in time.  Any help would be soooooo appreciated.   I am on a deadline!

Awork
Apprentice

So I found a simple work around.  I was having dificualty only downloading the VIDEO files, with no AUDIO becuase they are stored in 2 separt folders when recorded to the SD card from the c100.  All you need to do is

sd > card reader > computer > [open folder via my computer]  

EOS CANON C100 > PRIVATE > AVCHD >  BDMV >  STREAM (video files)

>  CLIPINF (enables audio files to be interpreted in NLE's)

****STREAM (contains video file copy them to a new folder on your hard drive.  Then the tricky part,  also open the folder CLIPINF this folder holds files with the extension .CPI  select all those and copy into the same folder you created for the video files.  Then simply import the video files into a NLE's such as Premier Pro then your good to go!

Took me about an hour of frustration then I went back and just opened all the folders. Trial and error = Knowledge!

Enjoy hope this helps

Announcements