Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon C100 mkii LCD issue

Hi,

I often use my C100 mkii on a glidecam and rotate the LCD screen so that it is flat against the back of the camera (a bit like a DSLR with a fixed screen). Recently I’ve noticed that the LCD screen occasionally goes completely black for a second or two and then comes on again. 

This is only something that has recently started happening and only happens when the LCD screen is in the position I described. The problem is intermittent. 

Has anyone had this issue before or know what could be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

P.S: I have had my C100 mkii for a few years now so it is out of warranty

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Canon C100 mkii LCD issue

Hi Matthew_Law,

Thanks for checking in with us!

There could be a couple of factors at work, so let's try to isolate the issue.

• Try doing tests where the camera is not connected to any external (non-Canon) monitors or recorders.
  •  
  • Does the issue persist at various frame rates and shooting settings or only with certain settings?
  •  
  • Does the black screen correspond with black frames on the clips you're recording?
  •  
  • Does it still happen even with one memory card attached to the camera, and with multiple cards?

If you aren't able to isolate when the black screen happens, I suggest that you email us at cinemaeos@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Canon C100 mkii LCD issue

Thanks Nick. I will check and get back to you. 

Regards,

Matthew