cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C100 mkii LCD issue

Matthew_Law
Apprentice

Hi,

I often use my C100 mkii on a glidecam and rotate the LCD screen so that it is flat against the back of the camera (a bit like a DSLR with a fixed screen). Recently I’ve noticed that the LCD screen occasionally goes completely black for a second or two and then comes on again. 

This is only something that has recently started happening and only happens when the LCD screen is in the position I described. The problem is intermittent. 

Has anyone had this issue before or know what could be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

P.S: I have had my C100 mkii for a few years now so it is out of warranty

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Matthew_Law,

Thanks for checking in with us!

There could be a couple of factors at work, so let's try to isolate the issue.

• Try doing tests where the camera is not connected to any external (non-Canon) monitors or recorders.
  •  
  • Does the issue persist at various frame rates and shooting settings or only with certain settings?
  •  
  • Does the black screen correspond with black frames on the clips you're recording?
  •  
  • Does it still happen even with one memory card attached to the camera, and with multiple cards?

If you aren't able to isolate when the black screen happens, I suggest that you email us at cinemaeos@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Thanks Nick. I will check and get back to you. 

Regards,

Matthew

Announcements