cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C300 Mark ll Magnafication

jscools
Contributor

Canon Technical Director Brent Ramsey talks about 2,4, & 8 times magnafication in his walk around video. I can only get two times magnafication. Called canon tech they didn't know. Anyone know how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again.

First, we'd like to apologize for the confusion and the delay in getting back to you. After further testing, we've determined that only 2x magnification is possible, so your EOS C300 Mark II is working correctly. The camera in the video you referenced had a pre-release firmware, so some features did change after the full release. This is one such feature. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

inactive010823
Contributor

Hi there!

The EOS C300 Mark II is indeed capable of 2, 4 and even 8x magnification. However, this may not be the case while recording. We're curious, are you recording while trying to use the MAGN function? Have you tried using MAGN while not recording?

We look forward to your reply!

Nope just sitting at my desk last couple days trying to figure it out. Have had the camera for a year just assumed it only did 2 times until I just saw Brent's "walk around" video. Sure I'm doing something wrong. I press button #1 and it does 2 times.

And how do we access the magnification change?  Can't find it in the manual nor by browsing the menus.  Thanks.

Haven't gotten a response in a few days. So they say it works but won't say how. 

Hello again.

First, we'd like to apologize for the confusion and the delay in getting back to you. After further testing, we've determined that only 2x magnification is possible, so your EOS C300 Mark II is working correctly. The camera in the video you referenced had a pre-release firmware, so some features did change after the full release. This is one such feature. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Good to know I'm not crazy. Now please put 4k 60p and uncropped 2k 120fps in a firmware update. Really bother's a lot of us who paid the full $16,000 for the c300 mark ll only to find a year later you put those tools in a $6,000 c200. It's a great camera just would be nice if Canon could do that for us. 

@jscools wrote:

Good to know I'm not crazy. Now please put 4k 60p and uncropped 2k 120fps in a firmware update. Really bother's a lot of us who paid the full $16,000 for the c300 mark ll only to find a year later you put those tools in a $6,000 c200. It's a great camera just would be nice if Canon could do that for us. 

Mike- will this happen in a future firmware update?

Next question for Canon- will the C200 touch screen LCD be compatible with the C300 Mki2 after a firmware update?  

Hi klk,

We aren't aware of any future firmware updates at this time that will increase the magnification function or allow the new LM-V1 to be used. However, we encourage you to visit http://usa.canon.com in the future for information about new firmware updates as they are announced.

PS we won an emmy for our doc Paradise Reef shot on C300 Mark ll on PBS http://video.wgcu.org/video/2365794811/
Announcements