cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C300 Mark II sending 480p to monitor over HDMI

gavinmckenzie
Apprentice

The C300 Mark II manual says that the camera will decide whether to send an HD or SD signal over HDMI, but it doesn't describe what factors affect this.

When I plug my C300 Mark II into my SmallHD AC7 monitor, the monitor says it is receiving standard definition 480p. This also occurs when I plug it into other monitors over HDMI.

Is this expected behaviour? What can I do to get the camera to send at least a 1080p signal to a monitor?

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Gavinmckenzie,

The video signal output from the HDMI OUT terminal depends on the clips video configuration and according to various menu settings.  

If you refer to page 163 in the manual you will see you can set different resolutions for the output.  You should be able to set this for 720p at a minimum or 1920x1080.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

gavinmckenzie
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. Have you been successful in configuring the HDMI output resolution? Because I've been all over pages 161 through 166 and as far as I can tell from the docs the HDMI resolution is not configurable. My interpretation (especially from page 166) is that the HDMI resolution will be either 1080p or 480p but this is not configurable.

Hello gavinmckenzie, 

At this time we do not have access to an EOS C300 Mark II for which to set this up for a trial.  Instead, we recommend getting in touch with our EOS Cinema department directly over the phone for further assistance. 

1-855-CINE-EOS (1-855-246-3367)

They're open 7 days a week - 24 Hours, excluding holidays

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements