Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

C300 Log and XF Utility

I posted this message over at Adobe after talking with someone from Canon through email. You'll see in my message I loaded the footage into Premiere Pro CC, Speedgrade CC and on an Avid. It looks like an auto-LUT is being applied on the export of the XF Utility. 

However, Canon says it's the software that is doing it from Adobe and Avid. I worked with Log before and never had this happen. 

"I appear to have a very unique issue which Canon can't understand why it's happening. Their suggestion is Adobe is doing something to the clips. However, the Avid treats them the same.

In the example I shot a clip in Log. Using XF Utility I can view the clip and use the LUT Assist button to see the original Log and then see it with the Canon LUT. This is as expected. However, when I export/merge the MXF's or even if I import directly into Premiere from the Card bypassing the XF Utility the clips come in saturated as if there is an "Auto-Lut" being applied.

Anyone experience this issue. I've only noticed it on the C300. I can bring 1DC Clog files in and as expected they are log. It's not the camera either as I have tried 2 of our 4 C300's.

EDIT:

Also Speedgrade treats the clips the same as Premiere and the Avid treats it the same. Could it be a combo of recording settings? For example in this case it was the EOS Std. Matrix in a Canon Log Gamma."