Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
CR3
New Contributor

C200 Remote HELP

Am i missign something or is there no option to remote start and stop recording without touching the camera?   We cannot use the Wifi remote and need a physical button but cant find anything to suit.  Any ideas?

VIP

Re: C200 Remote HELP

@CR3 wrote:

Am i missign something or is there no option to remote start and stop recording without touching the camera?   We cannot use the Wifi remote and need a physical button but cant find anything to suit.  Any ideas?

Which camera are you asking about?  Are you using an EOS Cinema camera?  I ask because the EOS Cinema cameras do not have a Wi-Fi.  Canon does make the RC-V100 remote controller for the EOS C200.

The EOS 200D is a DSLR, which does have Wi-Fi.  But, it does not allow for remote control of video modes, AFAIK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."