cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C200 .CRM Corrupt file? Anyway to Combine .DAT & .DMV?

loggylunch
Apprentice

Hey there,

Was recently shooting Canon Raw Light. Camera died whilst shooting, and the C200 did not combine the raw light data files for the actual video file. All I had on the memory card was a 1) .DAT fle and 2) a .DMV file.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 12.48.40 PM.png

Is there anyway possible to combine these or recover the video on them?? It seems like it should be a pretty simple fix/script to remedy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex_Flamsteed
Apprentice

I just had the same problem. Try puting the card back in the camera and watch media on the camera. It will come up with a question mark. When you try play the clip it should give you the option for recover the clip. 

This worked for me! Good luck. 

Alex.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_Flamsteed
Apprentice

I just had the same problem. Try puting the card back in the camera and watch media on the camera. It will come up with a question mark. When you try play the clip it should give you the option for recover the clip. 

This worked for me! Good luck. 

Alex.

@Alex - you ABSOLUTE LEGEND. Saved me. Thank you!!

Dockojoon
Apprentice

Same problem here.

Using the camera to recover files is working, but it its slow, because it need to click one clip per time.

Alex_Flamsteed
Apprentice
That’s good that it’s working, I only had one corrupt file thankfully.

jemadd68
Apprentice

Worked for me too! Thanks!

ISABELA
Apprentice

Is there an option to recover the .CRM film file without in camera recovery? The original SD card was formatted so I only have access to the .DAT & .DMV file on the computer. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Re-opening this thread, I have a few corrupted .CRM files that were shot on the C300 MK III. The original media card has been formatted so the in-camera repair solution isn’t an option. As Isabel, I’m looking for a software solution to fix these .CRM files. They won’t open in Premiere or the Canon RAW utility. Any information would be appreciated! Thank you! 

Jae

georges
Apprentice

Hello

Same problem, but the solution to put the card in the media session doesn't work for me...i recorded on the SD card on MP4 format/// so i can"t read the corrupted files on the media session, because the media session only read Raw files....any suggestion? 

Announcements