cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100mk2 Issue with vertical lines

Chocajoe
Apprentice
I purchased a second hand c100mk2 and it has an issue with 2 vertical lines (see attached photo)

Have recorded footage and the footage appears with the lines so it rules out that it isnt the led monitor .. so it appears to be the sensor.

Just wanting some advice around if this is worth fixing or just an estimates of what that cost would be or if anyone has had same issues and has been able to fix it20191231_212244.jpg

thankyou

Joe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I would contact Canon to get a repair estimate if you can't return this unit.  A laser burn to the sensor can present like this and your C100 is more prone to this as are other video cameras.  Mirrorless cameras have this same increased risk since the sensor is constantly exposed unlike a DSLR.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

Thankyou so much really appreciate this

cheers from New Zealand

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I would contact Canon to get a repair estimate if you can't return this unit.  A laser burn to the sensor can present like this and your C100 is more prone to this as are other video cameras.  Mirrorless cameras have this same increased risk since the sensor is constantly exposed unlike a DSLR.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thankyou so much really appreciate this

cheers from New Zealand

You are welcome and Happy New Year 🙂

Rodger

Thankyou Rodger

Happy New Year to you as well !

cheers

Joe

Tim
Authority

Hello Chocajoe, 

I am sorry to hear this is the case.  In situations like this we recommend the equipment be evaluated at our factory service center.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements