cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 mkii aperture change without grip unit

AdamRosenberg
Contributor

Is it possible to change the aperture on the C100 mkii without the grip unit attached? It seems the aperture will change if I push auto iris, but I can't exactly pick an exact aperture this way. Seems silly to have such a major function disabled when you strip the camera down.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mykolas
Authority

Hi AdamRosenberg!

Thanks for posting.

The aperture is something usually adjusted through the main dial on the grip unit.  If you will not have the grip unit attached, you can use a remote, like the RC-V100 or you can connect the camcorder to a network and use the browser remote feature by connecting to the camcorder with a tablet or computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Bramsey
Contributor
Yes, it is possible. In order to change the aperture without the grip unit attached all you need to do is assign two buttons on the camera body to Iris + and Iris -. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi AdamRosenberg!

Thanks for posting.

The aperture is something usually adjusted through the main dial on the grip unit.  If you will not have the grip unit attached, you can use a remote, like the RC-V100 or you can connect the camcorder to a network and use the browser remote feature by connecting to the camcorder with a tablet or computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike - this can't be the only solution to the problem. For those of using the camera on a gimbal system, dismounting the camera and reattaching the grip to simply adjust the aperture is a massive headache. 

My understanding was the new joystick on the viewer would allow you to operate without the side grip. What is another menu-based solution that we can utilize?

Alex Schwindt

Bramsey
Contributor
Yes, it is possible. In order to change the aperture without the grip unit attached all you need to do is assign two buttons on the camera body to Iris + and Iris -. Hope this helps.

Ah ha! I knew there had to be a way. Thanks Bramsey!

Announcements