cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 - No Image only Horizontal colored lines and black.

Spassvogel
Contributor

Flipped on my C100 today to test some monitors and there was no image in the viewfinder.  Has anyone seen this?  I am about to do a full camera reset and maybe a firmware update, but I'm not sure if it's going to help.  The camera has beens stored in a Pelican Case in the two weeks since I used it.  Any help would be appreciated.

C100_Lines.png

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Looks like a call to Canon Support is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Flashed the firmware to the latest version, no luck.  Now I need to try to find out if it's worth getting a C100 repaired or not at this point. 

I wish I knew what could have happened.  Do the sensors just randomly stop working?  The menus are all fine.  The audio input works.  Just no image from the camera other than what I posted (that's when in 24p mode).  No video from HDMI either.

@Spassvogel wrote:

Flashed the firmware to the latest version, no luck.  Now I need to try to find out if it's worth getting a C100 repaired or not at this point. 

I wish I knew what could have happened.  Do the sensors just randomly stop working?  The menus are all fine.  The audio input works.  Just no image from the camera other than what I posted (that's when in 24p mode).  No video from HDMI either.

You're asking a question that most of us in the "EOS" topic area aren't qualified to answer. You might have better luck in the "Cinema EOS" topic area.

We seem to see a fair number of cases where a DSLR used heavily for video will experience a board or component failure, presumably as a result of overheating. I guess that shouldn't happen to a true video camera, but you never know.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Well, I didn't know there was a separate forum for the video cameras. My bad.

Announcements