cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 Mark II scratched EVF.

sotis_tseles
Apprentice

Hello everyone, greetings from Greece! I own a C100 Mark2, and recently while cleaning the EVF it got scratched pretty bad (see picture). The coating actually came off. I spoke with the official Canon Service in Greece, but they need to send the camera in Europe, for a cost repair estimate, and it is going to take a long time, about a month. I searched google, but cannot find an aswer to my problem. So I am asking for your help! Is there a way that I can repair it myself? And if there isn't can someone please tell me what would you think the cost estimate will be? I'm just asking for a very GENERAL estimate, like "it would be around xxx euros". 

I am pretty worried. Thank you very much!

IMG_9481.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sotis_tseles
Apprentice
Hello Jona!
There is no way that you can change only the front glass, you need to change the entire Evf. There are only originals, no 3rd brand copies exist. In order to do so, I contacted a shop in Greece that does repairs and they shipped it from some country in Europe and changed it. It was very quick. After the EVF arrived (it was about 2 weeks) they only kept my camera in the shop for 2-3 days and had the Evf changed. The cost was not so high too, around 200 euro. I now clean the EVF very rarely, once every two or three months, with extreme care. I first use a blower (the rocket shaped one), to remove any small particles and then I clean with a soft fabric specially designed for lenses.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for you guide. I have done the exact things and steps you have wrote and I have resolved the issue. THANKS a lot!!!!

Announcements