cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 MK2 and Remote Browser - WIFI trouble

gs-dk
Contributor

Hi

I have tried for a long time to make a wifi access point on my C100 MK and control the camera from my IPad - but no luck. I have tried YouTube tutorials - I have followed the user manual and my IPad is able to find the WIFI hotspot vreated from the camera, but I get the message "no internet conection" - have you made this setup work and any suggestions what might be wrong?

Thanks and greetings.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello gs-dk, 

You've set up the bulk of it, but for the sake of ease I have written a set up set up instructions starting from setting up a new Camera Access Point in the menu.   

01. Camera Access Point

02. SSID
   - Canon1 [Can be edited later]

03. Select the wireless connection mode
   - 2.4 GHz

04. Channel 1/11
   - 1ch

05. Select the authentication method
   - Open/ No encryption

06. Select the IP address assignment method
   - Manual

07. IP Address
   - 10.0.0.10 > SET

08. Subnet Mask
   - 0.0.0.0 > SET

09. Default Gateway  

-255.255.255.0 > SET [255 is one click down from 0]

10. The next screen will have you scroll through and confirm the settings, you must press SET on this screen to proceed.

11. Select the network configuration number [1-5]
   - Select 1 [You can input a name or leave it 1]

12. Save the network configuration
   - OK or Cancel, press SET to OK.

13. Check inside the Network Settings> Remote Settings
   - Port should be set to 00080 > SET

14. Confirm or Input camera ID

15. Next, on the camera back out from Network Settings to Other Functions and find Browser Remote. Turn this on to enable control.

16. Next, open the Settings application on your tablet and go into WiFi. Find the camera network, Canon1 and join this network.

17. Next, go into your browser on the tablet- type 10.0.0.10 into the address bar directly and go to it. It should open up Browser Remote on your tablet now.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi Tim

You DID it! It works....

The missing link was no 13 -

13. Check inside the Network Settings> Remote Settings
   - Port should be set to 00080 > SET

Great support - that's one more reason to be a loyal CANON customer.

All the best.

Greetings

Gert

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

forgot to mention I am trying to set up 3 C100 Mark IIs to the same wifi. It seems to me that i may need 3 seperate IP adresses

Hi Tim

I went to "New Connection" but it's grayed out. Any ideas?

Ted

Hi tedfrank20,

Do you already have a connection with another Wi-Fi network? If so, are you able to select the edit option?

It might also help to disconnect any accessories or connections to a computer, as a test to see if you can isolate the issue.

Beyond that, you may wish to go into the menu, navigate to the wrench icon and then select RESET to restore the camera to default settings. Then you could try setting up a new Wi-Fi connection.

thanks Nick. I'll suss it out

jockey
Contributor

Thank for the info for all. It is working great. I will use this feature all the time from now on.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements