Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

C100 - Data Import Utility Catalina Workaround

So with the Catalina update on Mac OS, Data Import Utility is no longer supported. Has anyone on a mac who updated to Catalina managed to find a workaround for importing video clips from my SD card without the use of Data Import Utlity? Maybe the answer is right in front of me and I'm just missing it, but it's been a frustrating couple of days. Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: C100 - Data Import Utility Catalina Workaround

Scott27, 

If you have a non linear editor in place perhaps you can try copy and pasting the clips using the file explorer in the operating system.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried running Image Capture directly?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I appreciate that suggestion. A friend who works for Apple also suggested that but Image Capture doesn't recognize the file type of C100 footage. Basically I am finding my only two options right now are I either have to render each file individually through FCPX OR purchase an external recorder. Unless Canon upgrades Data Import Utility to a 64-bit program.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unfortunately this is not acceptable solution for us. We must have an update to the Data Import Utility to a 64-bit program.

I have three C100 MK i and one C100 MK ii cameras, the MK 1 require this important tool.