cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 AF MODE and IRIS MODE in Menu is greyed out

madcaliban
Apprentice

C100 AF MODE and IRIS MODE in Menu is greyed out

Current firmware is 1.0.5.1.00 and i'm using EF 85mm F/1.2L II USM and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lenses. Does this mean my current lenses are not compatible for continuous AF? Is there a list of Canon lense that are?

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Note the firmware revision numbers in this excerpt from promotional literature.

"Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology

This is an optional upgrade feature that provides enhanced autofocusing, which prevents motion artifacts during rapid talent and pan moves. This features requires your C100 to be sent to an accredited Canon service, where an upgrade will be installed at a cost of $500.

This upgrade provides an Autofocus mode to help ensure sharp focus and smooth focus transitions. It provides a new Continuous AF (Autofocus) function for all autofocus Lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. A new AF Lock setting also lets you change the image framing while holding the desired focus. This feature is ideal for users who regularly shoot with smaller crews, who shoot moving subjects, or who want smoother, more natural-looking autofocus.

Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology features a CMOS sensor that consists of an array of pixels that each feature two separate photodiodes. By continuously comparing their outputs during AF mode, phase-difference autofocus helps ensure non-blurred images and smooth focus transitions even when the talent and/or camera are moving. The new feature places a high priority on maintaining sharp focus while providing a natural, smooth autofocus movement with select Canon EF lenses — including newer-generation STM lenses — which offer even smoother and quieter operation.

This upgrade will have firmware version 2.0.3.1.00, which also includes the Continuous Recording enhancement available with firmware version 1.0.3.1.00."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

deedee
Apprentice

My camera came back from a service. Have the same problem.

The IRIS manual control no longer works on my EF24-105

The Manual function says lens does not allow this function (it was working just fine)

Announcements